CTYankee
Accepted Solution

WRT610N/RT31P2 Internet OK, no file/print sharing

I installed a WRT610N wireless router this weekend.  The 610N is handling my local Microsoft peer network and connects via its Ethernet port to an RT31P2, where my phone is connected.  The RT31P2 is connected to the cable modem.

After an assist from a Linksys tech, Internet access for all 4 computers connected to the WRT610N is working.  The VoIP phone service is working.  The only thing not working is the file and printer sharing on the Windows network.

All of the systems are running versions of Norton Internet Security (as they were when on the wired network) and Windows firewall is shut off.  All four systems show in the DHCP reservations table, but none of them can see each other as part of the workgroup.

Any ideas what might cause this?

CTYankee

Re: WRT610N/RT31P2 Internet OK, no file/print sharing

I just tried disabling Norton on all 4 of the systems and I now have file and print sharing back.  I had configured Norton to trust the network, so I still don't know why it would cause a problem.
CTYankee

Re: WRT610N/RT31P2 Internet OK, no file/print sharing

Problem resolved.  Newer versions of Norton require that every individual comuter be tagged as full trust from the Network Map view rather than entering a trusted network IP range.