JeffRichard
Accepted Solution

WRT610n & Apple TV Problems

Hi,

Since I upgrade my WRT610n router to the latest firmware 1.00.03 B15 I am unable to see the apple tv as device in iTunes on any computer connected to the network (either wired or wireless). I have apple TV on a dedicated media network (N band only) and computers are on ethernet and G bands. If I put apple tv on the network with the computers, I can see it on devices connected to the same wireless network but NOT on the ethernet network. I have concluded that the latest firrmware broke the bounjour service, which is a multicast implementation.  I have a ticket open with support regarding the issue. I asked support for a copy of the previous firmware (B10) and they could not provide me a copy.

Does anyone have a copy of the previous firmware they could give me an URL for or email it to me? I'd really appreciate any help as apple tv without iTunes is basically worthless! Thanks!

quack

Re: WRT610n & Apple TV Problems

Did you reset the router after upgrading your router's firmware...If not then, Press and hold the reset button for 60 seconds...Release the reset button...Unplug the power cable from your router, wait for 30 seconds and re-connect the power cable...Now re-configure your router... 
JeffRichard

Someone posted a link for the B10 firmware, which I downloaded and applied to my router. Everything works correctly again. Clearly a problem with the B15 firmware and based on the message posts I am not the only one having problems with it!
fimpowde

Hi - I tried going back to the v.10 of the Firmware... it helped for the first few days to keep the AppleTV connected to the iTunes, but after a few days same problem happened....

Also, looks like in general there are issues with the WRT610N and Apple... examples:

1) Have and Mac mini with iTunes running N wireless in the same room as the router, the AppleTV looses connection to iTunes

2) Have iMac in another room, loosed ability to print to network printer without uninstalling, and reinstalling the drivers and several reboots.... have a Linksys G router, if i connect to that, all works just fine...

Just seems, anytime an Apple is used with the 610N, there are problems - I am personnally going back to a G network, and worry about additional speed with they get it right next year or so...