dsnimick

Re: Weird Cisco VPN isse. Crashing machine when accessing VPN using cisco client

When a tree falls on a car rendering it undrivable, just because it's the car, not the tree, that has to be fixed, doesn't make it any less the tree's fault that the condition exists in the first place.

We don't know the vendor of the VPN used by the original poster, but if it's not AT&T, that makes at least two vendors that would have to change software to overcome whatever it is the router is (rightly or wrongly) doing.

No doubt the VPN vendors could "fix" their code, but why should I ask them for a fix when all I have to do is return the X2000 to the store and get a competitor's product and my problem is solved?

I'd think Cisco would have stronger motivation to look for a fix than the VPN vendors.

thdugger

Re: Weird Cisco VPN isse. Crashing machine when accessing VPN using cisco client

I am a novist; however, I must agree that you have a problem on your computer when you see BSOD.  I was working on my Windows XP Desktop computer for two days trying to correct problems.  Only to find out via Norton 360 that I had several occurrences with BSOD and the computer was infected.  By the way, do you have HP computers?  I do!  Make a long story short, I ended up typing commands in DOS (I know Basic - old school) and it got worse and worse.  I ended up restoring it to the factory settings.  I am now on my HP laptop using Cisco Router.  Maybe this Web site may be helpful and give you an in depth, but simple, insight to BSOD (blue screen of death).  I hope this may be of use to you.  Good Luck!  Oh, I continue to work on my Windows XP the issue/s has been around for some time.  It works fine, but I feel it has been compromised!!

thdugger

I have the blue screen too.  It isn't the router.  I got it quite some time ago and I still have it.  I finally got a prompt on my screen to fix the BSOD and ignored it at that exact moment as I thought I was trying to get my XP running well...back to factory settings. I went a little crazy my self for a couple of days....words.  Especially if you are the type of person who doesn't give up. 

thdugger

Sorry!  It is a computer problem BSOD.  Please Google BSOD and you may have a different opinion.  "blue screen of death"

sparuchuri

I am having the same issue with my new E1500. When i am connected to ATT VPN, the laptop randomly shows blue screen and restarts. I initially thought it to be a laptop issue and got it re-imaged. The problem did not go away. I have been using this laptop for over a year with another router and never had this issue.

jaymay

If you are directly connected to your modem and connect to at&t vpn, are you experiencing the same problem? If not then it must be on the E1500 router. You can then try to reset the router and reconfigure the settings on it and see if that will resolve the issue.

sparuchuri

Exactly. If i am on hard wire, i dont see the problem. It is only when i connect to VPN on wireless i have this issue. I contacted Cisco today and they asked me to try hardcoding the IP Address and Port Forwarding. I will update after trying that.

simondgeo82

[ Edited ]

Hey, you guys are talking about vpn services I want to know which vpn service you are using and how you choose this service.  I am kind of looking to buy vpn which can provide fast internet speed and hidemyass utility to kept my identity secret. Can you suggest anyone here?

ScarletJamie

simondgeo82 wrote:

Hey, you guys are talking about vpn services I want to know which vpn service you are using and how you choose this service.  I am kind of looking to buy vpn which can provide fast internet speed and hidemyass utility to kept my identity secret. Can you suggest anyone here?

Maybe you can go to this link http://www.vpnservices.net/. That will help you decide. :womanwink: