08-15-2009 11:34 AM
08-15-2009 01:46 PM
1. Who is you ISP?
2. Is your PC getting online when connected directly to the modem?
3. What is your IP Address and Default Gateway using the modem?
08-15-2009 04:47 PM
1. Reset the router. (Press+Hold Reset for 30secs)
2. Connect PC and Router. (Only PC and Router)
3. Access Router UI - 192.168.1.1. (Use IE)
Username = "empty"
Password = admin
4. Change LAN IP/Router IP from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.2.1 or 10.10.10.1
5. Powercycle Router/Modem. (Turn Off Router and Modem)
6. Connect Modem-Router-PC
7. Check if Online Wired.
08-15-2009 06:00 PM
Did you try changing the router IP to 10.10.10.1?
If you are using a DSL Connection do you have a Username/Password for your DSL Account? If you have DSL Account try setting up the Internet Connection Type to PPPoE then setup your DSL Account info.
08-15-2009 06:42 PM
08-16-2009 05:22 PM
Most of the DSL internet server provider Modem has their modem configured in the DHCP Mode. When you Connect your Modem to the Computer you are getting an IP address i.e 192.168.1.33, So in this case you need to change the LAN IP of your Linksys Router to 10.10.10.1.Let the "Internet Connection Type" on your Router be "Automatic Configuration DHCP" just change the LAN IP and save Settings. Once the settings are sucessful.Unplug the power cable from your router, wait for 30 seconds and re-connect the power cable to the Modem and wait till all the lights are Lid, then plug the power to the Linksys Router...
Now check if you are able to go online.