Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
jmom2ks@aol.com

What does this button do?

I have the e4200 and yesterday, while trying to setup my new Mac computer and printer I totally screwed the network up.  I pressed one button that must be where it all started.  It is a small blue button on the back of the machine.  It has two arrows going in a circle that marks it, I think.  Somehow, I have gotten the router back to the default settings with a password to match.  The named network I had is gone along with the guest access.  What did I do?  Help!  Thanks.

Expert
sabretooth

Re: What does this button do?

What does the manual say that button does?

jaymay

That blue button is the WPS(Wifi Protected Setup) button. If you press that button, it should help you in connecting other wireless devices to your router. That will depend though if other wireless devices has a wifi protected setup feature as well. One possible reason why you can't see the network is that after you pressed the button, the router may have change the wireless settings completely - from the network name to the password to something like a computer-generated password. But technically, pressing the wps button shouldn't cause this problem.

Expert
zee29

Are you referring to this button (check the pic) That is the WPS button. Wi-fi protected setup.

E4200_back.JPG

Expert
sabretooth

Oh, you mean from the manual... ok.