marty-o

What if I can't remember my username OR password?

Hi, I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 Wireless-B Broadband Router and am trying to get it to connect with my Wii. I've tried everything so far but configuring it, the problem is, when I go to http://192.168.1.1 it wants a username and password. I've managed to connected my Wii in the past, but since we switched to a cable modem instead of Telus(used phone jack), it hasn't been working. I don't remember going to this page and I'm not sure where I could find my username and password, so am I screwed or what?
FLATLINE

Re: What if I can't remember my username OR password?

From the factory the username is admin and the password is admin. if that doesnt work then its been changed so just do a factory reset. But you should have an original password only you know once you finally get in.
Help fight lag! Wire up that gaming machine!!!!!
mariab

I can't remember my user name or password, my router is linksys WRT54G2Vi

Administrator
24JUAN80

Welcome to the Cisco Home Community.

As mentioned by FLATLINE, you'll need to reset and reconfigure the router. You can refer to my signature on how to set it up after the reset. Write down the security credentials afterwards and tape it under the router so you wont forget.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Search Function is your friend.... and Google too.

How to Secure your Network
How to Upgrade Routers Firmware
Setting-Up a Router with DSL Internet Service
Setting-Up a Router with Cable Internet Service
How to Hard Reset or 30/30/30 your Router
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------