aLFo777

What is a good Linksys router for gaming?

Well right now I currently have a Linksys WRT54GS v.6 router.  But my internet has been getting slower and slower, I've especially noticed during xbox live matches and my Netflix streaming.  I don't know what the problem is.  A comcast technician said that it isn't the modem because when the connection was tested directly through the modem and not through the router it was the speed it was supposed to be at.  So I am thinking that I need a new router.  I was just wondering what is a good router, especially for gaming?  My xbox is not connected wireless it is connected directly to the back of my router... and if so, is there any way to fix my current connection?
forsaken

Re: What is a good Linksys router for gaming?

Before going for a new router,try to upgrade the router's firmware and check if it helps you.....Check this link for upgrading the firmware on the router.After upgrading the firmware,reset the router and reconfigure the router from the scratch.

On the router,keep the MTU value as 1365,uncheck the option "Block Anonymous Internet Requests" under Security tab. 

Some good model of linksys are WRT54G2,WRT160N,WRT320N...

Undermoose

Re: What is a good Linksys router for gaming?

WRT610N v2.