Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Spades_Neil
Accepted Solution

Why can't I access the control panel of my E1000 router?

http://192.168.1.1/ cannot be displayed when I click on it, as if the page does not exist. http://my.E1000 doesn't work either.

My router frequently has connection issues as well when laptop users are complaining that they are "connected but have limited connectivity". In reality they have no connectivity. They have no internet access on their browsers or games. Resetting it seems to be the only thing that ever fixes this and now, despite my network supposedly being called "Neil," it's calling its self "Neil 2" and has no password. I can't change it back because I cannot get into my router's settings either!

So yea. In a few words, it's all kind of bork. Does anyone know what is wrong with it?

scrooge

Re: Why can't I access the control panel of my E1000 router?

What is the ip address you are getting on the computer which is connected to the router....?

Check the ip address.If you are getting the correct ip address(192.168.1.1) then,reset the browser settings and try again to open the setup page.If that also does not work then,reset the router for 45-50 seconds,power cycle the router and check.

Spades_Neil

[ Edited ]

Power cycling didn't help. The router, despite multiple resets and unplugging, it has done nothing to change it. According to IP config, this address is correct.

Also, resetting my router no longer serves as a temporary fix. Now it just doesn't work at all.

dudztgp

Spades_Neil

Neither of those worked either.

dudztgp

[ Edited ]

Have you tried 30-30-30 reset? If not, here's the procedure. Make sure to unplug everything but your computer from the router.

Spades_Neil

Now there's something I haven't tried. I'll have to mess with it tomorrow and tell you guys how it goes.

chimera15

[ Edited ]

I have this same problem.  Did you get any solution? I can't even access it when I'm connected wirelessly. 192.168.1.1 is completely dead.    "Unable to connect" is the message.

In addition I tried to use the setup cd again and it wouldn't work either.

chimera15

Is there a firmware update for this router maybe?

Spades_Neil

I have not had the oppertunity yet to attempt this "30-30-30" hard reset.