Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
lhall50

Why wont my Facetime from my Iphone work???

I have a WRT54G ver 6 router... My facetime will work everywhere but NOT at home! HELP!! Whats wrong???

greencross

Re: Why wont my Facetime from my Iphone work???

Facetime requires you to forward these ports on your router:

• 443 (TCP)
  • 3478 through 3497 (UDP)
  • 5223 (TCP)
  • 16384 through 16387 (UDP)
  • 16393 through 16402 (UDP)
  •  

Click here to learn how to forward ports on your router.

kawal

you need to make sure first that your iPhone is able to connect to your wireless network before you can use Facetime. check first if you're able to connect to the Internet.

willpowern

I am having trouble with my iPhone connecting to the internet through a Linsys WRT54G v.5 router. It use to work fine. And we can see the setting for the router on my iphone but I can't get on the internet. Any suggestions.

greencross

Make sure you're using the correct passphrase / no one changed it. If not, take note of important settings on your router's setup page then factory reset it.

setup page: http://192.168.1.1 default user is empty and password is "admin"

to factory reset, hold reset button at the back of the router for 30 seconds.

Also, to get more attention here, make a new thread.

Mr_DJ

First the Facetime issue.  - Are you getting connected to the internent via your router?  If so check to make sure the firmware for the Lynksys is up to date.

Second not conneccting to your wireless router and you can see it in your settings. another post noted to check that you are entering the key in correctly.  While this is very true please validate the case sensativity as well.  - Had a similar issue with my wifes Iphone, it is a 3GS model.  I had to broadcast the SSID and leave that enabled in order for her phone to connect all of the time.  It was a non issue with the Iphone 4.  If you are broadcasting the SSID already the other item to check is the encryption level make sure you have this set correctly or it will not matter if you have the key typed in right or not.  hope this helps.

nancytbrown

I need a password for my router - I can not get my facetime to work.

hiptechboy

the default password (if you have not changed it) is "admin". 

I don't work for Cisco. I'm just here to help.
    MKerr53

I am also having trouble with my iPhone 4 and linksys. I do not see the little "upside down pizza" icon but in my settings, it says I am connected to wifi, shows a check by the linksys connection, and my facetime is turned on. I simply do not know what else to do. I can go other places and it works fine but not from my own home. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

troia

what is the router that you have? if you are connected to wifi, does it say that you are connected to your whatever your network name you have setup? does it have a lock beside your name? if you do, you need to type in your password for you to be able to connect first. read here in how to connect to your network using your iphone