Wifi Laptop won't connect to my linksys router

i have a sony vaio with intel wireless Wifi link 4965AGN it detects my network and i get full bars but when i goto connect it doesnt do so, is there something im overlooking?

Re: Wifi Laptop won't connect to my linksys router

It seems that you are using built in utility in the Laptop ...... open the configuration utility ...... create a profile as per the wireless setting in the router ..... like wireless network name (SSID).....wireless channel ..... if it is a secure network.... the encryption key....... restart the laptop ........

See if it shows connected status under wireless network connection......
Try going online ......

Hi,

I have a linksys wrt54g2 v1 router and it is not connecting to my laptops. It connects to all my other devices but not to the laptop. I have a new laptop with windows 10 and same problem.

I have tried all the other options but nothing.

Also, my laptop connects to other wifi routers.

Can anyone tell me what is the problem and hw i can fix it.

Hi, Veronski. Sounds odd. Let's get this properly isolated. Has it always been like that or has it worked fine before? Do you encounter an error message when attempting to connect to the device? Also, do you have a PC that is connected wired to the router? What other workarounds have you taken so far?

Dennis - 20702
Linksys Technical Support

Hi,

i didnt encounter an error message when trying to connect. its connecting but it's sayiong no internet access. i tried resetting the router, same problem. what bothers me is that other devices can connect, just not my laptop, i worked well for 2 weeks and then stopped. the laptop also connects to other wifi hotspots and routers.

Hi, Veronski. Please try to connect your laptop wired to the router and check if it can go online. By the way, have you tried to add a preferred network profile manually?

Regards,

Chris-21499

Hi chris,

No i haven't tried adding a preferred network mannually, How do you do that?

Check out this linkVeronski. On the router's wireless settings, check if its Network Mode is set to Mixed and the Security Mode is WPA2 Personal. By the way, also make sure that the Wireless MAC Filter is disabled.

Kloe-21503