Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
dbright19

Will a WAP610n Dual Band Wireless Access Point Function as a Wireless Repeater or Wireless Bridge

Will a WAP610n Dual Band Wireless Access Point Function as a Wireless Repeater or Wireless Bridge?

I have 2 WAP610n Dual Band Wireless Access Points.  Is it possible to set them up as a wireless bridge or wireless repeater. 

I do not see the standard WAP54G option of selecting AP, Bridge, or Repeater in any of the configuration pages.  Called Linksys Tech Support and they wanted to connect in and setup for me (for a fee), but would not tell me how or if possible to setup?

Thanks in Advance,

Frustrated Linksys Owner Dennis

Expert
Expert

Re: Will a WAP610n Dual Band Wireless Access Point Function as a Wireless Repeater or Wireless Bridg

No. The WAP610N will only work as access point.
brickmonkey

Re: Will a WAP610n Dual Band Wireless Access Point Function as a Wireless Repeater or Wireless Bridg

As gv said,WAP610N will not work in a Repeater or Bridge mode..It will only work in AP mode.
edhen23

Hi, 

I just bought WAP610N at a computer expo from CISCO partner... I specifically ask the seller if the device can be used as repeater without using any cable.  After several consultation with their technical team.. she said that it can be done.  It seem that you need better communication with your distributor..  

My problem right now is that I'm using WRT160N as my router.. is there any other device from you can be used as a repeater (without cable)? Your FAQ seem to suggest WAP54G but does it have to be with WRT54G also?

Appreciate if you can give the answer right away because I want to exchange the device before the expo ended.  Thanks.

dudztgp

I think WAP54G works with WRT54G only.