Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
cskott

Win7 64 bit can't connect to WRT54G router

Hi,

I have a big problem, i have just bought a new laptop with windows 7 64 bit. But it will not connet wireless to my WRT54G router. I have updated the router with the latest firmware but it will still not alow the laptop to connect.

I have tried on another WRT54G and this was also problem.

I friend of mine have a wireless Sagem router and here there where no problem with connecting.

What can be the problem?

elaguna

Re: Win7 64 bit can't connect to WRT54G router

There are a number of possiblities. What error message do yo get when you try connecting wirelessly to your router?

cskott

I dont receive any error messages. Just that it can't connect to the internet.

I have now tried on two different linksys routeres and it still doesen't work..

Klatch

Login to your router setup page and click on the Wireless tab and below change the Wireless Channel to 11 and let the SSID Broadcast is Enable and click on Save Settings, then click on the Wireless Security tab and change the Security Mode to "WAP Personal" and input your security key, then click on the "Wireless MAC Filter" tab and if its Enable , select Disable and click on Save Settings, then click on "Advance Wireless Settings" tab and Change the Beacon Interval to 75 >>Change the Fragmentation Threshold to 2304, Change the RTS Threshold to 2304 >>Click on "Save Settings"...

Now see if you can locate your Wireless Network and attempt to connect...

cskott

Hi,

Now i have tried your solutions but it still doesen't work..

Right now i have one laptop with vista and another one with win 7 32 bit running on the router without any problem.

I don't understand what is happening..

dudztgp

Connect your win7 64bit computer directly to the router. Check if you can get to the internet.
cskott

I have changed the router to a dlink router, and now the problem is gone..

I still don't understand why the computer having trouble connecting to to different WRT54G routers?