Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
eyssa

Windows cannot configure Linksys wireless router (still not working now...)

[ Edited ]
I've had a problem with this before, though of a slightly different nature.  My computer will not allow me to get on the internet through my wireless connection to Linksys.  It works with Netgear and another Linksys router, but will not work with this particular router.  It says that "Windows cannot configure this wireless connection" and then later on it says "If you want Windows to configure this wireless connection, start the Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) service..."

However, I don't know what WZC is and I can't figure out a way to make my computer configure the network.  It says that it's configured when I go to the Control Panel and then the Configuration utility, but it says it's not when I look at the properties of the network.  The little computer icon at the bottom of the screen does not have an "x" over it, but it's not lighting up.

Last time it was receiving packets but just wouldn't let me on, yet now it's not receiving any.

What could the problem be?

-Thanks

Message Edited by eyssa on 07-15-2008 07:32 AM

Message Edited by eyssa on 07-15-2008 08:24 AM

Re: Windows cannot configure Linksys wireless router

Go to start>>run>> type services.msc>>click OK, you will now be at the services window, scroll to the bottom and you will see Wireless Zero Configuration, double click on it and start the service.

Good Luck,
Ttech
eyssa

I've done what you said and started the program, however it still did not change my internet connections.  It still says that Windows cannot configure that wireless network.  Is there anything that can be done about this, short of calling Linksys and asking?
maui25

after starting the WZC go back to your windows xp wireless connection, on the left side click on changed advanced settings, then go to wireless networks tab, then check the box that says "use windows to configure my wireless connection" then click ok below...

then try connecting to your wireless network again.......
eyssa

[ Edited ]
I can't find where the advanced settings is.  Can you tell me how to get to it?

EDIT: Alright, I've found it...

Message Edited by eyssa on 07-15-2008 08:05 AM
maui25

by the way what screen are you in right now?
eyssa

I've found it now...   Alright, it's fixed!!  Thank you so much!

[ Edited ]
See now that is what I call team work. Nice going. Nice work Maui25, good posting and right on time now that how to use a forum. I was getting tired of what I was seeing Finally, I am truly blown away.

Ttech

Message Edited by Ttech on 07-15-2008 11:14 AM
maui25

sweet!
eyssa

Ack, hold on... now it's not working again.  It says it's connected, but it won't allow me to get on the internet and the computer screen at the bottom isn't lighting up.  Is there anything else I can do?