Dermot

Wireless - G Broadband Router WRT54GC - Password problems to allow other users

I have the above router and when it was installed a year ago the installer put a password on it.  I original had made a note of the password but now I have lost it.  I have another lady working in my office and also i may need a new computer shortly.  I wish to allow other people to access the internet when in my office.

Can you please tell me how to clear the password and start fresh.

I have contacted my supplier who original installed it and they told me they dont know how to do it and to contact the router manufacturer and find out from them.

I have downloaded the manual for this router but I still can not work it out.  When I try to go to the site.  It asks for a user name and password.  The user name is unknown to me? what could this be? I tried Admin and admin as the password but notting worked.

Can you help me?  what do you suggest?

Thanks

Dermot
Expert
Expert

Re: Wireless - G Broadband Router WRT54GC - Password problems to allow other users

The manual contains instructions how to reset the router to factory defaults pressing the reset button and where to find it on your router.
lina1

Re: Wireless - G Broadband Router WRT54GC - Password problems to allow other users

on the back panel of the router, u have a reset button---take a paper clip and press it for 30 sec
then, try 192.168.1.1---username: blank (nothing in username)---pwd :"admin"---u should be in setup page
Expert
Expert

Lina1, same suggestion for you: read the manual of the WRT54GC to find out where exactly the reset button is hidden. It is NOT on the back panel of the router. It is in the manual with a nice photo...
lina1

The Router’s Reset button is located on the bottom panel. To access the button, turn the stand perpendicular to the Router. Use a sharp object like a pencil to push in the button.

oook

Hi Dermot, Let me know the suggestions given by users are helpful are not?