Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wireless N Router to Uverse

[ Edited ]
I have a WRT300n router and want to connect to my Uverse Gateway. When I connect them & try to use the internet connection I get an error that says a connected router must be capable of using DYnamic IP addresses. Is there a solution?

Message Edited by dadsvz on 04-27-2008 10:02 AM
saber_tooth

Re: Wireless N Router to Uverse

You might have set router for using static IP address, as internet connection type. Hard reset it for 30 seconds, and then reboot modem and router once. It should work after that.
KFKirsch

I have had the same issue.  Have you resolved the problem yet?  I spent ime on the linsys site with a tech who gave me some ideas and a link to some specific instructions on how to resolve the problem.  I had no luck getting it going - I just don't know enough about all the varaibles, etc.  Let me know if you would like to see the link they gave me.

Kerry
KFKirsch

I got mine working!  Same router as you with 3800HGV-B Gateway.  This is after countless hours of surfing, reading and cycling power with no luck!!!

Try this step-by=step link (with some of my comments below)

I didn't know how to get to the broadband link, but I found it.  It is:

I'm Using Vista and had to cycle power on the computer and wireless router everytime I saved changes to the router - between steps two and three, and after step 3.

Note - On step 3,  I wasn't sure where the listed Internet IP, Subnet mask and Gateway came from, but I used them exactly and it worked.

Once you get it working through the router to the gateway,  I didn't receive the warning message and needed to go back to the broadband link to disable the gateway's router.  Did this by navigating to:

Home Networks
  Wireless
     Status at a glance

Good Luck!
araskin

Are you sure the link above is correct? When I click on it Its some thread about compression. I also have a WRT300N and would love to get it working with uVerse.
KFKirsch

[ Edited ]
I haven't visited this issue for a while, since I got everything working just fine.  I'm quite sure the instructions I gave were valid at the time, but I can't say what could have happened to the link since then.

This was quite a project for me and I kept a looseleaf binder on the entire adventure.  It's at home and I can check it tonight.  I can scan and PDF the appropriate pages and send to you.  If I forget, please pm me.

I know what you are going through, it took me a couple weeks to get it sorted out, but it has worked perfectly since I made my last post.

(Edited post for guideline compliance.Removed email address, use the PM system instead. Thanks!)

Message Edited by JOHNDOE_06 on 09-04-2008 10:09 AM
angiebabe

My problem is that AT&T gave me a new modem/router and when I go to set up Easylink, it can't find the modem/router.  All that comes up are the Linksys routers I used to have that I used with my Motorola modem.  So now I have an AT&T wireless Uverse router that replaces the modem and router, but Easylink can't find it.  All I want to do is set this up so I can share files with one other computer in the office.  Can anyone help?  AT&T either wants to get paid or I just can't find the right link to the problem.

Expert
kent07

Hi angiebabe, what linksys router will you be using?

angiebabe

No longer using a Linksys router; that's the problem.  When AT&T came to install Uverse internet, they got rid of my modem and my Linsys Router; they installed a router from AT&T.   Would it help if I wrote down the info from the bottom of the router and sent it to you tomorrow?

The fact is, I guess it could be any router because I think the program was written for Linksys and it isn't going to work with any other router??

Expert
kent07

You should talk to the manufacturer of your new modem/router. We don't have the know-how of other brands and we can only provide assistance for cisco/linksys products. We hope you understand. :smileyhappy: