Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
caper91

Wireless Router help - Wireless light intermittently stops, network goes down

Hi, I have the Linksys B router (model # W11S4PC11), and my pc is running Windows XP.  I am having an issue where the network goes offline, and each time it is because the wireless LED indicator on the front of the router is out.  The solution is simple, but frustrating.  When I power cycle only the router (unplug power, ethernet cable connecting to modem for 10 seconds), it seems to correct the issue.

But this issue is happening continually.  Is there any reason for this?  Is there a setting that I need to change on the router or on my PC to keep the wireless signal from stopping?

Thanks for your help, any help is greatly appreciated.

Chris
Carrot

Re: Wireless Router help - Wireless light intermittently stops, network goes down

It seems that routers firmware is not working properly ....

Open routers set up page using http://192.168.1.1  ......you will see username & password screen ..... leave username blank & in password use admin...

Click on status ....check the firmware version of router ......
If required update download the latest firmware from http://linksys.com/download

Upgrade the firmware .... reset the router for 20-30 seconds .... & again reconfigure the router ....
House of Jade

Re: Wireless Router help - Wireless light intermittently stops, network goes down

I have a BEFW11S4 router that keeps dropping the internet.  If I reset the power it comes back on.  But this is all the time now.  Do I need to update my firmware?  If so how may I do that?

Thanks

House of Jade

sorry, but when I leave password blank and type in just ADMIN or ADMIN...  I am denied access

Expert
sabretooth

admin in lowercase.