Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
chuck0410

Wireless connection problem

This is a strange one. I've got a friend you has a Linksys BEFCMUH4 wireless router. One of the Notebook computers connects fine. The other does not and I took my computer and tried to connect and it would not connect either. It will not even connect if you plug the computer in directly. It recognizes the router but cannot get a gateway address. (Repair connection, etc) Same Channel, Auto IP, etc everything the same.

It is an old router so I think they need a new one, but I can't figure why one of the notebook computers can connect. I'm figuring some driver or something. I have no idea. I can't connect with my notebook computer either. It's not a security ID issue.

Any ideas???

Thanks,

CFS
castor

Re: Wireless connection problem

hi... logon to gateway's setup page, open I.E and in the address bar type 192.168.0.1 it would ask for username and password put "admin" (default password) without any username...click on wireless tab and try changing channel to 11, click on "advanced" try changing basic rates to 11 Mbps, fragmentation and RTS threshold to 2304...check whether it makes any difference or not.
chuck0410

Thank you my friend. I will give it a try and let you know. It may be Monday before I can try it, and I will email you the results.

You seem to know a lot about this and I appreaciate your response. Should I reply back here or do you have an email address I should reply to?

Thank You for your advice!

CFS
castor

it's fine...you can post your replies here...i would be replying to you on a daily basis ..
chuck0410

I've been traveling so I just got to try your suggestion today. I cannot access the BEFCMUH4 using the address 192.168.0.1. I even tried the gateway address shown in ipconifg. I tried this from the 1 computer that has internet access. I conected a cable to the port on the computer. It just says Web Page not Found, the same error you get with an invalid web address, etc.

I don't want to reset the cable gateway because I figure I will internet connection from the 1 computer that can connect.

I'm at a loss of what to do?? Any ideas why I cannot connect and use the Web Based Utility? These are all 3 new computers, but only 1 will connect. Same setting, everything, but even my computer which I have never had a problem connecting anywhere with will not connect because it simply hangs on acquiring IP Address and neven gets one.

Thank You,

CFS