Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
mjp7455

Wireless not in range on WRT54G v.3

I just had my comcast internet set up on Thursday and connected my roommates old WRT54G v.3 wireless router. It allows her to connect to the internet, but not my laptop.

Our connection shows up in the list of available wireless networks, but when I try to connect to it, it pauses for a few seconds and then comes up with a dialog box saying "Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer be in range. Please refresh the list of available networks, and try to connect again." This happens before it prompts me for a security code.

However, when I try to connect to one of the neighbors secured connections, it connects but then asks for the security code (which I don't have). As recently as 2 days ago I was able to use wireless in my old apartment, so I don't understand what the issue is. I am running windows XP. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Neither Comcast or Linksys tech support could help me.
picohat

Re: Wireless not in range on WRT54G v.3

Emm..Try to download the latest wireless adapter driver from manufacturer website and install it.. Also here is how I configured the wireless adapter. Hope it helps..
mjp7455

I'll try those directions, but is there any way to download the new driver if I don't have internet access?
Wizzard

Check if from connecting directly to the Modem you are online or not ....
go to http://linksys.com/download & download the drivers ...