Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jmoreno

Wireless router disconnects from the timewarner cable box

i been having trouble keeping the wireless router connected, it keeps disconnecting from the cable modem, we contacted time warner and they told us to just unplug the router and plug it back in, that does the trick but i have to keep doing that over and over when ever it disconnects with the cable modem. I dont know if this has anything to do with connecting my PS3 system because it started that when i had connected it to the router. i have a WRT54GS router if someone knows how to fix this please tell me.
kencnc

Re: Wireless router disconnects from the timewarner cable box

I have had the same problem since April, and have not found a solution. I end up having to close all programs and restart the Vista computer. It then seems to work for a short time. But... I am also still on the older version of the firmware -- 1.05
JoeyFNYC

did you clone the MAC address from your PC to the router?

Get the PC's mac address - start - run - ipconfig/all - write it down.
connect the PC directly to time warner's cable modem. Restart the modem and the PC. let the PC get online.
Connect the PC then directly to the Router (unplug from the cable modem). Go to the setup page (192.168.1.1 by default) - go to Advanced and MAC Address Clone. enter the MAC address from the PC.
Connect the router to the cable modem and give it a shot!
Ricewind

Check the firmware version on the router .... if required upgrade .... download the latest firmware from http://www.linksys.com/download ....

After upgrade reset & reconfigure the router....
See if it is working properly ...