robcorbitt

Wireless router not working

I have a WRT54G Wireless-G Broadband Router.  I know next to nothing about computers.  The router has worked fine, broadcasting signals to two other computers for over a year.  But suddenly last night it stopped working for one computer, and then 30 minutes later it stopped working for the other.  Neither computer could find the signal.

I went to the 192.168.1.1 website and found that some settings had changed.  I restored the Network Name (SSID) and the WEP key.  After that, one of the wireless computers could "see" the signal.  But I still can't connect to the internet on either wireless computer.

Does anyone have any suggestions? 

robcorbitt

Re: Wireless router not working

Me again.  I just realized that the other wireless computer is trying to look for a dial-up connection.  Why, I wonder?  I've had DSL for years.

I hate computers. 

Wizzard

Change the Wireless Channel to 11-2.462GHz..Under the Advanced Wireless Settings....Change the Beacon Interval to 50,Change the Fragmentation Threshold to 2304,Change the RTS Threshold to 2304 and Click on Save Settings...Now power cycle the router and check...
robcorbitt

Thanks for the response, Wizzard, but unfortunately that didn't help.  My wireless laptop still can 'see' the network, but cannot connect.
Wizzard

[ Edited ]

What error message you are getting while connecting to the wireless network....?

Which operating system you are using on the computer...?

Make sure that you are typing the correct security key on the computer..If you are using WEP then,use Key1 as the security/network key.The security key is case sensitive.

Message Edited by Wizzard on 02-19-2010 07:13 AM