RJ9
RJ9

Wireless won't stay connected

I have the wireless installed, and secured, but it bounces between connected and not connected.  It's not a distance thing, right now the wireless computer is 3 ft from the router.  Is the router shot?  The wired part works fine.
sharkbyte

Re: Wireless won't stay connected

Maybe change channels on the router. You could try channels 1 6 and 11.
Brewster

Did you name your setup "linksys?"  I did this and my setup kept getting confused with my neighbor's setup. My PC wireless adapter could "see" his wireless system. He had used the same name.  My system could not figure out which system to use.

Give your setup a new, distinctive name.
RJ9
RJ9

The router has a distinct name and so does my neighbors.  I'll see if I can figure out how to change the channel.
RJ9
RJ9

It was on channel 6, tried channels 1 and 11 and it still blinks on and off like a Vegas sign.  Anyone have any other ideas?
Ricewind

Update firmware to latest version. And hard reset router for 1 minute. set all settings again. Also update drivers of wireless card to latest version. It might work
RJ9
RJ9

Tried to install an update for the card and things got worse.  Uninstalled the entire thing and reinstalled the original software and it works fine for now.  Got my fingers crossed.  Thanks.
kevind

What kind of equipment are you using? There is a documented DHCP bug with the WRVS4400N that only affects the wireless side of the device. The only known workarounds are to back rev the firmware to 1.0.16 or to statically code the IP addresses on all of your devices.