Danieliyo

Xbox Live On Linksys EA4500 NAT Type Moderate

Hey guys,

Okay so we got two xbox 360 at home. the one in my room is wired to the router and the other one is in the other room wireless. Since I bought the EA4500 I been having the NAT  problem.I bought it like 4-5 days ago. Before I had the E4200 and it was working fine on both consoles. Yesterday I did the Port Trigerring and nothing changed, NAT type does not Open. One of the xbox sometimes has Open NAT Type and the other xbox Moderate NAT Type. I was using Cisco Connect Cloud but yesterday I went back to the classic layout.If anybody can help me I would appreciate it.Thanks....And I know this been posted millions of times but I didn't find a post about this problem with this specific router.

earthmyrll120288

Re: Xbox Live On Linksys EA4500 NAT Type Moderate

Have you tried doing powercycle? Unplug everything for 1 minute. When powering the devices up, start from the modem and then router and last would be the xboxes. Run test again.

Danieliyo

yeah i done that already and nothing.

earthmyrll120288

For this you need to do port forwarding.

TCP 80

UDP 88

UDP 3074

TCP 3074

UDP 53

TCP 53

hiptechboy

Port forwarding won't help here because two devices can't use the same ports at the same time. UPnP would have the highest chance of success. Try disabling all previous port forward/trigger entries. Then make sure UPnP is on and give your Xboxs static IPs using the router's DHCP reservation feature. After that, powercycle the router and Xboxs. 

I'm not sure if this will work, but some people have had success with it. 

I don't work for Cisco. I'm just here to help.
Expert
jlbjlb

Or as a last resort, place one of you Xboxs in DMZ. Give it a static ip or just use the Mac address. When you look at the DMZ setup page on the router, it'll make sense.
Danieliyo

[ Edited ]

I tried the port forwaring, but when i enabled the ports i lost internet access of my wired devices.wireless devices still have internet access.i had to disable the ports to be able to have internet and come here and post.new router and is giving me the most problems :smileysad:

ScarletJamie

Danieliyo wrote:

I tried the port forwaring, but when i enabled the ports i lost internet access of my wired devices.wireless devices still have internet access.i had to disable the ports to be able to have internet and come here and post.new router and is giving me the most problems :smileysad:

Try resetting the gaming device, forward those ports again. Or try to access this article http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=2902de6218ed4dc1a4c595595ca1f60a_Resolving_NAT_Typ...  that will guide you how to fix it.

Expert
jlbjlb

I agree with scarlettjamie.  Make sure you reset the router too to factory defaults.

chica-dora

hi, i read some forums and port triggering worked for them. here's an article for setting up an xbox with port triggering. you need to make sure also that your Internet connection is set to Full Bridged Mode. Ask you ISP about this setting.