Highlighted

adsl2mue+wrt54g+dell 6400+ tiscali

[ Edited ]
Please please please help me, I am tearing my hair out!! I am fairly good with computers but more on the sofware using side as oppossed to setting things up etc and I am seriously struggling with the above.  I have a dell inspiron 6400 brand new w/windows vista.  I have tiscali broadband which came with thier sagem modem but I wanted to upgrade, so i got the adsl2mue which works both ethernet connection without me having to do anything to any settings.

I cannot no matter how much I try however get my wrt54g to work with wireless. its very annoying to have a wireless laptop and have to connect to the internet using a cable!!

can any one please please help me!!

thank you.

Re: adsl2mue+wrt54g+dell 6400+ tiscali

So your laptop is currently hardwired where? To the router or to your modem? Smiley Happy Can you only get online hardwired to the modem? Or can you get online when the modem, router and laptop are all hardwired to each other?

works 'hardwired' Smiley Wink to the modem the ADSL2MUE thingy

If possible, before you try going wireless w/ the router, hardwire the modem, router and the laptop to each other 1st. See if it works that way. If it doesn't then the router needs to be properly configured 1st.

To configure the router, open up internet explorer (this is an offline router utility page) and type in the numbers 192.168.1.1 (username just leave it blank, password is admin). Smiley Happy