aircard to router?

i currently use my desktop to connect to the internet via my at&t sierra wireless aircard. i then use an ethernet cable to connect my xbox 360 and enable intenet connection sharing. this works great. now, i would like to add another xbox and a laptop to the network, so i purchased a linksys wrt54g wireless router. however, i can no longer get any computer other than the desktop to connect to the internet.

previous settings:

desktop:

IP: 192.168.1.1
subnet: 255.255.255.0
gateway: 192.168.1.1
dns: 205.171.2.65

xbox 360:

IP: 192.168.1.2
subnet: 255.255.255.0
gateway: 192.168.1.1
dns: 205.171.2.65

these settings did not work with the router hooked up. i have also tried enabling the dhcp and grapping automatic settings. i have tried using the computers ethernet in the modem port on the usb and one of the four standard ports.

does anybody have any advice? i have seen some threads where they have gotten it to work, but not shared the settings, so i like to believe it can be done. i would just switch internet providers but i live in a valley in the country and they dont offer cable period, so i would have to drop some major cash on satellite internet or live with dial-up if i cannot get this to work.

Re: aircard to router?

It looks like you are using fixed LAN IP addresses in both your computer and Xbox.   Is this correct?

If so, then your problem is that you set your computer to 192.168.1.1   This is the Linksys router's address.  You cannot have two devices with the same address.   Set the computer to 192.168.1.3

Also, unless you need to forward ports to your computer (for game play or other reasons), you probably should leave your computers set to "obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain a DNS server address automatically", rather than using a fixed LAN IP address.  The router can do both fixed and DHCP assigned addresses at the same time.

You need to connect the Modem to the WAN port of router ... use another cable to connect from LAN port of router to the computer .... Reset the router for few seconds .... reconfigure it .... use the Ip address 192.168.1.20 for computer & 192.168.1.30 for X-BOX.... see if it works ...

eternity7602 : What operating system do you have? I have tried to connect my sprint air card to the xbox via an ethernet cable and no success. I have Windows Vista. Do you have any suggestions?

this is how to connect your "att air card usb" to your "xbox 360" through the computer step by step im running windows vista . i highly recommend having a no less than a 3 bar 3G connection i have full bars 3G when i set it up next to a window.

first i just plug the air card into the computer and hit "connect" to connect to internet now take a ethernet cord and plug it into xbox then into laptop then turn on xbox then go to computer and i have box that pops up saying "your other connection is active. Do you want to disconnect your GSM connection?" keep hitting cancel when that box pops up and there might be another pop up box that says "your GSM connection was ended because your other connection is active" hit "ok" every time that box pops up shows then hit "connect" eventually you will succefully connect like usuall. now get to your "network and sharing center" im useing vista so i go to start, control panel, network and internet, network and sharing center. now when your there hit "view status" on your aircard connection my aircard connection just says "network" so hit "view status"(DONT CLOSE THIS LTTLE WINDOW OUT) then "properties" then on the sharing tab UNCHECK the 2 boxs mine say "allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection" and "allow other network users to control or disable the shared internet connection" so UNCHECK  those 2 boxes then go to your xbox got "system settings" then "network settings" then "test xbox live connection" now it WILL FAIL now go back to "properties" then sharing tab then check the 2 boxes hit ok and go back to xbox and test xbox live connection again and it should go through if it doesnt try turning your firewall off and try again.

now how the heck do you connect the att air card usb device to the router through the computer?????