BoingBoing

cannot connect canon MP620 wireless printer to WRT300N

I cannot seem to figure out how to connect my Canon MP620 Wireless printer to my wireless router.  The router is a WRT300N v 1.1 with the latest firmware upgrade.  I am using WPA for security.  I can connect to the printer wirelessly through my neighbor's open system so it has something to do with security I suspect.  I have enabled the AP feature and disabled it to see if that is an issue.  That has not changed anything.  I have looked at other posts with HP printer issues  and access point posts but none of those solutions have worked.   The Canon gives me an option to use the WPA, WPA2 and WEP so I don't know what the problem would be.  Hope someone can help.  Meanwhile, I am going to go back outside and pick up my printer and put it back together.  Thanks!
toomanydonuts

Re: cannot connect canon MP620 wireless printer to WRT300N

If you can connect to your wireless printer through your neighbor's router, then this means that your printer is connecting to your neighbor's router.  This suggests that you and your neighbor are both using the same SSID.  Are you still using an SSID of "linksys".  If so, shame on you! 

First of all, give your network a unique SSID. Do not use "linksys". If you are using "linksys" you may be trying to connect to your neighbor's router.  Also, do not set your router to the same SSID that your neighbor is using.   Also set "SSID Broadcast" to "enabled". This will help your computer find and lock on to your router's signal.

Are you saying that you enabled "AP isolation" on the router?  If so, this will block you from using your printer from a wireless computer.  Set "AP isolation" to disabled.

If your printer has been thrown out the window, and is in pieces on the ground, it is unlikely that it will connect to your wireless router.  Please re-assemble your printer and set it to use your new SSID and password.

vai_fan

- Provide a unique name in the Wireless Network Name (SSID) box

- Lower down the security to WEP...

w2rmg