angie1961

cannot get my wireless to connect to my TV

I have a Panasonic Visio tv, I have a LINKsys E1200 that is connected to my Cable Internet.  I have successfully connected the wireless to my laptop and have a guest network that has been tested and works as well.  I bought a Sharp Blu Ray player that has wireless capability connected to the TV with HDMI cable and the LAN adapter is in the player.  When I had the Blu Ray downstairs I had it connected to the LINKsys thru an ethernet cable and didn't use the adapter, but I wanted to take it upstairs and use it on that TV.  CANNOT establish an internet connection????  Asking for an Access Point???

hiptechboy

Re: cannot get my wireless to connect to my TV

Are you at least able to see your wireless network through the player? Make sure that it has an internal wireless adapter. If it doesn't then you'll need to see if it is compatible with an external one. 

I don't work for Cisco. I'm just here to help.
sunwatcher

Re: cannot get my wireless to connect to my TV

When the BluRay player asks for an access point, you'll need to select or type in the SSID (wireless name) of your Linksys, then type in the password when prompted.  The access point name is the same identifier that you see when you wirelessly connect your laptop.