Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
tolitsombion

change wifi password

please help me to change password of my wifi modem.

model cisco linksys: WRT160nVv3.

thank you in advance

tolitsombion

Re: change wifi password

anyone from support group, please help me on this problem, swift response is highly appreciated
Expert
sabretooth

[ Edited ]

Which password?  The routers admin password or the wireless password?  All info is in the manual.

thebluemamba_24

If you are talking about the router’s login password then do the following:

• Access the router’s ui by opening a browser (i.e internet explorer) then type in the browser’s address bar http://192.168.1.1 (default ip address). Username is blank (or admin) and password is just admin
  • Fo to the administration tab and from there you will be able to change the login password.

If you would like to change the router’s wireless password then check on the link below to know on how to change the router’s wireless password

Setting up WEP, WPA or WPA2 personal wireless security on a Linksys wireless router

tolitsombion

cannot able to access 192.168.1.1, browser ask for username and password, i followed instruction by putting admin or blank as username and admin for password. still failed to access the portal. 

How about restoring the cisco wifi modem to factory default settings? is that action can help to change the password by installing it again?

If yes, dont know how to do it.

tnx

tolitsombion

I'm changing the wireless password, because as i check there are so many intruders to my internet connection, and it makes our connection slow.

ScarletJamie

tolitsombion wrote:

cannot able to access 192.168.1.1, browser ask for username and password, i followed instruction by putting admin or blank as username and admin for password. still failed to access the portal. 

How about restoring the cisco wifi modem to factory default settings? is that action can help to change the password by installing it again?

If yes, dont know how to do it.

tnx

By default the username is blank and the password is "admin". If that's not working, your last option here is to reset the router and reconfigure. You can access the articles below that will help you reset and reconfigure the device.

Resetting your Linksys router to factory default settings

Setting up a Linksys router with Cable Internet service

Setting up a Linksys router for DSL Internet connection