Charlene

changing channels on wireless router

I have a Linksys WRT150N router.  I am trying to get my wii connected to it, but keep getting an error code.  Following all of the advice given here: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/errors/results.jsp?error_code=52030&system=Wii&lo... I am on step 4, attempting to change the channel.  This is where the problem comes in.  I don't see anywhere on the actual easylink advisor that I can change it.  I can view my wireless network settings and see that my channel is set to 3.  So, I went to the website: http://192.168.1.1/ When I go into basic wireless settings, there are 6 things that I can set.  If I have my radio band set to auto, I can't change either my wide or standard channels.  If I set it to Wide, I can change the wide channels to any channel between 3-9.  There is no option for 1 or 11 as suggested by the wii people...
Even still, I tried it and switched it to another number, but when I went back to view my settings in the easylink advisor, it still said that my channel was 3.  What am I doing wrong??  I just want to connect my wii!
scrooge

Re: changing channels on wireless router

For Wireless Settings, please do the following : - Click on the Wireless tab - Here Wireless Network mode should be mixed - Provide any name in the Wireless Network Name (SSID) box, all in lower cases without any spaces in between. - Set wireless channel to 11 - And wireless SSID broadcast should be Enabled and then click on save settings. Please make a note of Wireless Network Name (SSID) as this is the Network Identifier. For Wireless Security : - Now Click on the Sub tab under Wireless > Wireless Security. Change the Wireless security mode to WEP Encryption should be 64 bits. Leave the Pass phrase blank, don't type in anything. And under WEP Key 1 type in any 10 numbers please.Click on save settings. Please make a note of WEP Key 1 as this is the Security Key for the Wireless Network.
BRAINY

Re: changing channels on wireless router

Dont worry about the easy link advisor. Here's what u do:-

on the setup page, click on wireless tab. Change ssid, radio band-standard, stadard channel to 6 and ssid broadcast-enabled. Click on wireless security, change sec. mode to wep and in key 1 type any 10 digit number for ur w/l password.

on ur wii:-

1.Go to wii options

2.You will see 2 options
a.data management  2.Wii settings

3.Click on Wii settings

4.Scroll right and select Internet

5.Scroll right and select Connection Settings

6.Select "change settings to w/l"

7.Select ssid and type your w/l n/w ssid

8.Scroll right and select w/l security

9.Select the security type and then type w/l password and confirm it

10.Save the settings.