Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
tlind

configuring WRT54G2 to block access to internal LAN in different IP

i have a brand new WRT54G2 that i am setting up as a gateway which provides DHCP to those that connect to it via wireless. What i am trying to do, and seem to be having trouble doing is getting the device to not allow access to my internal network. I want to allow internet access via wireless which i have setup on a 192.168.150.0 IP but i dont want the wireless users to see or access any of my internal networked computers on the 192.168.10.0 network.

I have done this successfully on another router but so far i can not find a way to do it on this router. Any suggestions???

Walcolm

Re: configuring WRT54G2 to block access to internal LAN in different IP

when you tried it on the other router, were the two networks wireless?
an abvious way to achieve what you want to achieve will be to setup ur internal network as a wired network and setup the wireless network as a separate network using a different SSID. but you will need to use maybe MAC address filtering? to prevent authorised access to your internal LAN
tlind

of course the other router i did this with previously was not a linksys and i didn't have to use mac filtering. i had two seperate networks one wired and one wireless. And i told the wireless to not allow access to the wired network via the IP address block. Unfortunatly the linksys only prevents mac filtering of internet access, not LAN Access.

BrettP

If I'm reading your post right you're wanting to set it up just as a wireless access point? I'm fairly certain you can do this if you flash it with a 3rd party firmware package like DD-WRT. Usual disclaimer: flash with 3rd party firmware at your own risk, blah blah blah, voids your warranty, blah blah blah, &c, &c, &c
vai_fan

The access from wired to wireless will be stopped using only one method ..... you need to use proper firewall software on wired computer as well as wireless computer ... so that from one connection to another you are not able to access the files & folders ....