Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
pakman1957

connecting a new computer through linksys router

I have a WRT54G wireless router ... I want to connect a new laptop through it ... but I need either a network key or a password ... cant locate these .. can anyone help?
Dunworkin

Re: connecting a new computer through linksys router

Assuming you have already set up your security, go into your routers setup page (192.168.1.1).  Go to the Wireless tab and then the Wireless Security sub tab.  Look for key 1 for your password.
helm

To get network key, connect your computer to one of the four ports on router using ethernet cable. Open setup page of router by typing http://192.168.1.1 in browser’s address bar, and typing password as "admin" and no user name. Use your password if you have changed it earlier. Go to wireless tab. Go to wireless security sub-tab. If security mode is wpa or wpa2 note down passphrase/shared key, if security mode is WEP note down wep key number 1. This will be your network key
suresh_babu842

you to directly connect to router, and to enter the router config ip. like beetel means 192.168.1.1, and you go option wireless

link , that side have same secure passward section there is section  button is there reset setting or reset password, you can do this after you connect without passward ok, reply me

eaglecomm

Re: connecting a new laptop computer through linksys-G router

snoopdogg

Re: connecting a new laptop computer through linksys-G router

snoopdogg

reconnet toshiba laptop to linksye E series router

snoopdogg

Re: reconnet toshiba laptop to linksye E series router

reconnet toshiba laptop to linksys Eseries router

snoopdogg

Re: reconnet toshiba laptop to linksye E series router

snoopdogg wrote: