Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
bourneprodigy

connecting to ea server using wireless router

I can't connect to the EA server with my psp using  a Linksys wireless router. What can I do to connect?
OMGIRC_com

Re: connecting to ea server using wireless router

bourneprodigy wrote:
I can't connect to the EA server with my psp using a Linksys wireless router. What can I do to connect?

Need some more information here:

1: Can you see the wireless routers SSID on your list of access points on your PSP?

2: What type of encryption are you using on your wireless router?

3: Do you have any issues connecting other wireless devices to this wireless router?

[OMGIRC.com]
bourneprodigy

I have connected to other games on my psp using this router. For some reason I can't connect to any game that uses the EA server.
OMGIRC_com

bourneprodigy wrote:
I have connected to other games on my psp using this router. For some reason I can't connect to any game that uses the EA server.

It sounds like EA requires you to forward ports back to your PSP for connectivity, but i can't really say for sure since i don't use EA servers for any gaming. Do you have UPnP enabled? This will cause your router to automagically forward these ports EA requires.

[OMGIRC.com]
saber_tooth

Does it work from modem directly? If yes then it might be a issue of port forwarding for EA server.
bourneprodigy

How do I go about port forwording? I am not very smart when it comes to computers.  Any help would be appreciated.
saber_tooth

Hi, To forward ports: First thing you have to make sure is that, you have to assign a static ip address on PSP like 192.168.1.10, with subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, and gateway 192.168.1.1, DNS 1 of 192.168.1.1, and DNS2 of 4.2.2.2 . Now from a wired computer, open setup page of router by typing http://192.168.1.1 in browser’s address bar, and typing password as "admin" and no user name. Go to applications and gaming tab. Now make entries to forward the ports , to this static ip address, which you assign to your PSP. I found some ports : TCP ports 30000 - 30099 (outgoing ports for connecting to the Battlefield2: Modern Combat server). TCP port 13505 (EA Messenger (buddy list) server) UDP port 3658 (incoming/outgoing port for connecting to another user to play a game) UDP ports 6000 (incoming/outgoing port for connecting to another user for headset use during a game). Rest check from link : http://playstation.meetup.com/boards/thread/2343587