ciscoconsumer

e1200 not working

Hello, I have purchased the linksys e1200  wireless router about a half a month ago or so. I installed it with ease and was pleased to have internet running through my devices. But last week my internet just stopped working. So I waited for a while and wondered why it was not coming back on. I decided to unplug my computer from everything and let my computer cool down for a while. When i decided to hook it back up I tried something different and didn't connect the router. When I did this the internet started working. I was happy to see that I didn't have to contact my isp. When the other people in my house started complaining that they wanted internet I hooked it back up. And when I did that the internet stopped working again. So i was able to take the two and realize that it isn't working. I was going to return the router to the store but the reciept was long gone. So I am wondering if there is a way I can take this brand new product and get it working again.

Mort

Re: e1200 not working

Well according to your concern the only issue is that the router requires a proper settings. So before I suggest you any troubleshooting steps, let me know the name of the ISP? You are facing the problem with both wired connection and wireless connection? If yes then try the following steps:

A] With the help of Cisco Connect Software (if at all you have installed the router with the help of this software)
          1] Open the software and go to the option which says "Router Settings"
          2] Then click on the option which says "Advanced Settings" which will take you to the router's configuration page.
         3] Lower the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) from 1500 to 1400 or less (usually found on your router's main/ basic setup page)
         4] Then go to the Wireless tab, keep network mode as mixed,
 For Channel Settings of 2.4 GHz you can make Channel Width to 20 MHz only and Channel to 6, 9, 11..

B] If you haven't installed Cisco Connect then you can log on to the router's user interface using it's default IP address in the browser which is 192.168.1.1 and type in 'admin' as the password leaving the username field blank. This will take you to the router's web interface and then follow steps as mentioned above to make the changes.

ciscoconsumer

Well it works now and im happy thanks for the help its not a problem anymore.

Need Help please!

I purchased a Linksys e1200 about 4 months ago and it was easy to set up and had been working great. However, a few days ago I was no longer able to Get on the Internet. My iPhone, my wife's iPhone, and her Mac computer all say that they're connected to the wireless, but we aren't able to access the Internet.

I also tried to hook the computer up directly to the router with an Ethernet cable it still did not work.

I've tried resetting it and pulling the plug out, but it still is not working.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?
arcolino

I just got this router/wirelss lan and for the last 2 weeks if the computer is connected by wireless network 2 to 3 times a day it lose connection, the nodes that are plugged in are ok, but it drops the wireless connections on laptops and cell phone. the only way to get it going again is to plug out/plug back in router. and its only this ssid I tested my hotspot on cell phone its fine. there are post all over about this, I did some research and it said it could be the mtu need to be set to a specific number. 

http://kb.linksys.com/Linksys/ukp.aspx?pid=80&vw=1&articleid=386

I stepped through the instructions and set mine. I'll post back in a day or to to verify that was the issue and the fix. if anybody knows of another fix or why else it is happing please post.