Highlighted
Anonymous

e3200 usb printers

[ Edited ]

Will all usb printers be able to connect to the e3200 by usb with the firmware update? If not, what printers will be supported?

Re: e3200 usb printers

Hi,

Just bought the E3200 last night.  It hoped of using the USB port for my printer.

So I downloaded the new firmware today:  Ver.1.0.01 (Build 3), it installed flawlessly (through the web interface)

I connected my HP Photosmart C4180 all-in-one printer to the USB port and used Cisco Connect software

to add a new device; this also worked nicely.  Then proceded to printing, I was unsure at this point if it would work

because I couldn't find any new printers on the network aka network printer using the find tool, but to my amazement

it printed perfectly!!! Yeah!

Yes the new firmware release for this Linksys router will allow the USB printer to work through the USB port .

Anonymous

will my hp deskjet f4480 work then? does the update allow all usb printers to print from the e3200?

I think it should work with all USB printers .

This feature requires Cisco connect software v1.4 or later

I have the latest firmware, also, but I don't see any way to set up my USB printer.  There is nothing different about my router settings, and the Cisco Connect software (I just downloaded the latest version of that, too) has no options for adding a USB printer (although the Release Notes say it's there).  Am I missing something?

Start the CISCO Connect software at least Version 1.4. The option for the USB printer is in the section "Computers and other devices". Click on that button and you should see a selection for title Printer with the desciption "A printer in your home".  Then you get two options: one for a wireless printer and one for a USB printer.

Steve

Steve

I just installed the e3200, upgraded the firmware and downloaded Cisco Connect.  Unfortunately, the Connect software doesn't run on my MacBook w/ lion.  Is there any way to manually configure access to the usb printer? Is there an lpd or ipp queue? What is it?  I am trying to use a Canon MP490 printer.

There's a thread about this over here:

http://homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/Is-there-a-support-coming-out-for-Mac-OS-X-Lion-1...

The two-second recap: Cisco just released an updated version of Cisco Connect that works with Lion, but it doesn't support printing via a USB printer. (The Windows version does, however.)

I did all of that and still can't print.  Any suggestions?  I have an HP officejet j3680 all in one.