Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
pry
pry

e4200 and ABS ip camera

Hi, I just got the e4200 the other day and everything has been great except I can't seem to get my ABS megacam 4 ethernet camera to work.

It was working fine with my old router, and if I plug directly into it it works, but I can't access it through the router at all. I can see the camera in my routers client list, the camera is set to DHCP and it is assigning it an IP address but I can't connect to it. From my desktop pc (wired) I can using the IPwizard software that came with the camera and it will see the camera on the network but it wont connect to it, my wireless clients can't even see the camera using the same software.

I tried giving the camera and DHCP reservation on the router but I get the same result. What can i try to get this thing working?

Thanks

pry
pry

Re: e4200 and ABS ip camera

well I made some progress, by enabling port forwarding and setting it up to access via the internet I can now connect to the camera via my internet IP address. Still I do not see the camera in my local network and cant connect to its IP address directly like I used to do with my old router. I used to be able to see the camera in my network places and connect to it either through its local IP or the WAN IP, which is what I would like to have working again.

Any idea why this isnt working?

Klatch

Try to put a static IP on the camera and then try to access the camera through web browser. If that works, then there might be some setting on the 'IP wizard' software that came along with your camera.

pry
pry

The router has a DHCP reservation for the camera so the camera always gets the same IP, if I set the camera to static or DHCP it gets the same IP, and nothing changes as far as being able to connect. I have enabled port forwarding for all the ports that I can see that the camera is using and still I am unable to connect to the local IP address. I can only connect to my internet IP. Something is being blocked by the router and I am not sure what it is. My old cheap trendnet router never gave me any issues using this camera.

helm

It seems like a bit confusing, allthough your Camera is getting an IP from your Router's DHCP and you have reserved the IP as well, but still there seems to be some problem with the settings on the router itself....

I would suggest if you could try Upgrading the Router's Firmware...and then try to reset the router and reconfigure it as a new....also try assigning your camera a static IP and then forward the ports for your camera...that would certainly help as most of the users faces an issue while accessing a camera from a global network not in a local network as in your case....

pry
pry

I already had upgraded to the latest firmware and set the camera to use static IP, plus added the reservation for the camera on the router and setup the port forwarding. 

Since you suggested trying to restore the router to factory defaults I tried that and got it working, not sure why it works now but it does. I am using all the same settings as far as I can tell, but after restoring defaults I can see the camera on both the intranet and internet. Me=Happy.

bwilson200093

Any insight to this issue.  I have the same problem with a y-cam and I cannot access it locally.