Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
bridown

ea3500 Unexpected Error 2120

Hello, will try to make a very long story short. Couple weeks ago installed my ea3500. Am loving its ease of use and features. I also created a smart wifi account. yesterday I tried to remotely log in and got password errors. I have tried all my small arsenal of staple passwords. No go. Today I called Linksys for support. After getting transferred around then having to explain the difference between router local and online passwords, the customer service rep had me create a new account telling me I had not previously done so. Also said if I had, then I wouldnt be able to create another since a router can only have one account associated with it. What the heck, worth a try.

Now, when I try to log in to the web based settings I get 'Unexpected Error 2120.' If i try to log in from my SmartWifi iphone app I get 'No associated networks. the linksys smart wifi account specified does not have associated networks.'

Any thoughts? i was finally told they were elevating it and someone would call me. I am not optimistic, so thought here could yield me better info or suggestions. Just to clarify, I can log in locally to the router, but cannot via my smartwifi account.

Thanks Everyone!

Brian

bridown

Re: ea3500 Unexpected Error 2120

[ Edited ]

UpDate

I decided to reinstall the router, during installation I tried to sign in and was told I needed the firmware update, then would need to associate the router with the account.

I DL'd the correct firmware update and got to about 96% then was told the update was not successful. Contact tech support.

Thoughts are appreciated.

Brian

EDIT: Just tried again with same results. Here are details to the error...

Error code: 0x82BF010E
Error description: Firmware upgrade failed.
Model name:
Model description: Simultaneous Dual-Band Wireless-N Gigabit Router
Serial number: 12C10608235512
Firmware version: 1.1.39.145204
Operating system: Windows 7 (64-bit) SP 1
Software version: 2.0.12283.0
Connection type (WAN): unknown
IP address (LAN): 10.41.165.93
IP address (WAN): unknown
Computer IP address: 10.41.165.134

Expert
jlbjlb

My advice is to see if you can access the router locally with your iPhone app when you're at home. If you can, then use the iPhone app to update the firmware.

So on the the iPhone app, go to connectivity and then firmware update.

I had the same problem and that's how I was able to update the firmware on my E4200v2.

After the firmware update is complete.....then reset to factory defaults.
mrbob54

I am getting the same error code. Did you ever find a solution?

bridown

Hello mrbob. I did resolve the issue. A tier 2 agent called me and turns out when precious tech had me create a new account, it hosed my account. He deleted both accounts associated with my router, reset router then configured it with a single new account.

Hope this is helpful, call linksys and request to talk to a tier 2 as tier 1 is useless.
luce.evening.star

mrbob54 wrote:

I am getting the same error code. Did you ever find a solution?

You can give it a try first by doing a reset on the router. I suggest you download first the firmware before the reset. Once you are able to access the router’s page via local (myrouter.local), check the router’s firmware, if ever it is already on the latest, you can re-flash it (by using the same firmware). Do another reset after that one and set the router again for internet connection and see if you do not get the error anymore. If that would not work then you can call Linksys technical support.

mrbob54

It worked until I restored my router settings I had backed up and then it went back to giving me the 2120 error code. I'll have to call and have them delete my accounts and try it again. Thanks