Highlighted

ea6100

[ Edited ]

Just installed this router. I have a small business and we leave the computer on just about all the time. Several times I have lost internet connection thru router and I can not get it re established unless I reboot computer. We have a static Ip from Charter and with even resetting the ethernet several times it will not re establish a connection unless I reboot. Any suggestion

Expert

Re: ea6100

Does the computer go into sleep mode? I have one that does that after the computer goes into sleep mode and upon wakeup it cant find a wifi connection. Or is this a wired connection? Was it working ok on a previous router?  Have you checked to see if you have the latest firmware installed on the router? You may need to provide a little more info to troubleshoot this

If you have been helped by responses from me or others on this site please feel free to hit their kudos button! thanks

wired connection, and it happens sometime when I am on computer useing the internet. last time I was reading Gmail and moving around and it cound not find internet to refresh

Expert

are there other computers on the net? do they have problems too? You need to isolate this to figure out if its a problem with the router or the pc.When this happens do you get any change in the status of the lights for the port? What does the pc say about the connection?

If you have been helped by responses from me or others on this site please feel free to hit their kudos button! thanks

I will ck all this next time it happens

disable power managment on the eathernet connection on the computer ...