cargo247

get a wireless ip camera to work

Can anyone give me a STEP BY STEP instruction on how to setup my router (WRT160N) to enable me to access my wireless ip camera, i set it up in a LAN. i am a new to this, so all and any help would be great.

Thanks

Ikester

Re: get a wireless ip camera to work

So by your post I am guessing you already have it set up on your LAN right?  OK now do you know the defualt IP address the IP camera is set to?  The best way to configure the router is to set a static IP address for the IP camera then open the ports the IP camera's manufacturer recomends.  What camera do you have?

Richard Aichner (Ikester)
cargo247

hi thanks for the reply yes i have the ip and the port is 85. the cam is called model : IPCAM02. lol made in china the manual is not very good . it is a night vision & pan tilt rotate wireless cam.
Ikester

Thats awsome.  So all you need to do is forward port 85 to the IP address the camera is set to and set your port triggering for the cameras IP to look for port 85.  Does the manual tell you how to access the camera from the internet?

cargo247

(So all you need to do is forward port 85 to the IP address the camera is set to and set your port triggering for the cameras IP to look for port 85) ......so how do i do this?. as well my isp does not have a static ip .
Ikester

Open your routers settings and go to the Application and Gaming tab.  Then enter the IP to the camera and what port it needs.  Then set your port triggering with the same IP and ports of your IP camera.  That will open port 85 in your router and set the camera to look for requests coming from that port.
cargo247

so when i look for the cam off the internet from another location i type in the ip address with the port and i will get the cam?
cargo247

and what do i set the protocal to
Klatch

To enable Port forwarding on your Router follow this steps...

Open an Internet Explorer browser page on your wired computer(desktop).In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1 and press Enter...Leave Username blank & in Password use admin in lower case...

Click on "Applications and Gaming" tab and then click on "Port Range Forwarding" subtab..

On the first line in Application box type in ABC, in the start box type in 85 and End box type in 85, leave the protocol as both and under ip address type in 192.168.1.xx( This will be your Cameras IP address) and check the enable box, click Save Settings once done...