Accepted Solution

guess password login display screen

is it possible to eliminate the the guest login screen from being displayed/required to acess router from an added device(like a smart tv with a web browser)?

router is an e2500,approx. 2 yrs old.

Re: guess password login display screen

Your TV should be connected to the main network to gain full internet and network connectivity. If you connect your TV to the guest network, it wouldn't be possible  to stream media files from your computer or mobile devices that are connected to the main network. The Guest network is intended for visitors that would like to gain temporary wireless connectivity. By the way, to answer your question, you cannot eliminate the guest login screen specially if that user just connected to the Guest network. It should only ask for the password once, unless you changed it. 

Thank you for your help. Your explanation makes sense .

How (step by step) do I turn off the guest network feature(capability)? It's always been active since start up.

Thanks again,I look forward to your response.

I found the steps from Cisco's kb site:

Guest Network Frequently Asked Questions

4.  Can I disable the Guest network?

Yes.  To do this, follow the steps depending on the router you are using:

•   For routers using Cisco Connect software:
    Open the Cisco Connect software, click Guest access, select no under Allow guest access and then click Finish.  For detailed instructions, click here.

•   For instructions on disabling the Guest network using the web-based setup page, click here.
•   To disable Guest Access through Linksys Smart Wi-Fi:
    Log in to your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account, click the Guest Access Tool then set the toggle button to OFF under Allow guest access.

Thanks again,will do.