cloud x blue

how do i change my nat type?

ive been trying to do this for a while ive looked up everything, called sony (for my playstation) and even my internet company and they said its the other ones fault..... So this is my last hope because i cant think of anything else to do.... Any help would be useful and ill give as much unfo needed, thanks in advace.
Expert
primus

Re: how do i change my nat type?

Hi. Welcome to the Cisco Home Community!:smileyhappy:

It would help a lot if you could post some technical specifications of your network, so that we have more information about your setup. Also dont forget to indicate the model number of your router.

cloud x blue

What kind of info? I know my cisco thing is a linksys e1200
rskunath

Is UPnP enabled on the router?

If not enable that and report back to us on what happens.

If it is, disable it and either assign the Playstation a static IP or a persistent DHSC lease (so you know what it's IP will always be) and port forward the required ports to the Playstation's IP LAN address.

This will not be every port that the Sony site lists as many are outbound only and do not need to be forwarded, such as 80, 443, 53, etc.  If you post a list we can help with determining which ports need a forward.

cloud x blue

How do i find the static ip address and yea the upnp is enabled already
vai_fan

A known issue with Linksys routers is the NAT Type 3 or anything related to dropping of Internet connectivity during play time.  Network Address Translation (NAT) is the ability of a router or firewall to translate a public IP address to a private IP address and vice versa.  It adds security to the network by keeping the private IP addresses hidden from the outside world.

Here is the link resolving NAT type issues with gaming consoles through a Linksys/Cisco router: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=2902de6218ed4dc1a4c595595ca1f60a_Resolving_NAT_Typ...