venomous35

how do i install router with no cd?

i have a wireless router with no cd. how do i install it? there are no drivers on their website.
pavili25

Re: how do i install router with no cd?

The router needs no drivers.  It's mostly plug and play.  You need the CD's for installing any wireless adapters on computers, but the router is set up to run from the box.  You have to do some basic set up steps.  Follow the user guide.
jbeth0979

I also have misplaced my cd, and can finally set up my router.  Don't I need the cd in order to have details as to how to set up my router??  Can you download the instructions on the website? 

giradman

First, I assume that you have gotten your hands on a Linksys router since the post is in this forum?  Second, please provide some more information - which model router & version number? Your internet options & needs?  Then, maybe others can provide more specific suggestions & help, esp. those who may own the same router.  Good luck. :smileyhappy:
SPAWN_06

Try these:

Or if you are running XP, just connect your computer to the Modem first then run

:smileywink: Goodluck guys! :smileyvery-happy:
"The war between heaven and hell depends on the choices we make, and those choices require sacrifice. That's the test"
jbeth0979

Thank you!

I purchased the router about a year ago, but we were having trouble connecting to the internet.  We eventually kind of forgot about it, but my son had heard that there is often a problem when AOL is your provider. 

I bought the system from Best Buy and it has a blue face with a black body.  It is called a 2.4 GHz Wireless-B Broadband Router Model BEFW1154.  I have a Dell desktop and recently switched to Road Runner thru my cable company.  I hope this is enough info.  I just need very detailed instructions on how to set this up so that we can all use our laptops..

Thanks

go kb.linksys.com, type the name of your ISP, then it will give you steps to configure the router..you don't need to install it.

if your not able to get online, connect your PC 1st to the modem directly so that you can get online. and if you cannot get online to your modem, call your ISP, and if your ISP fixed the modem, then go now to www.linksys.com/kb or kb.linksys.com and type name of your ISP in search field then it will give steps to configure the router properly...
erikatwelve

I have tried those for the cable setup with roadrunner and i cannot get my pc or the linkys easy setup to detect my router, the power button is flashing does that mean anything/
ARCHANGEL_06

Erika, bad news, your router maybe broken already...
Try the procedures here:

or

If it does not work, then your router's busted...call Linksys to get your router replaced if it's still under warranty... Goodluck ! :smileywink:
"Sometimes your knight in shining armor is just a retard in tin foil.."-ARCHANGEL_06