gr3gski

how to open NAT for Linksys E1000 on PS3?

question in title:

it seems as though my gameplay on my ps3 has been very THICK(lag and delay on screen), I have tried changing the MTU and some other options and I already notice the difference but i think I can maximize my lag-free gaming if I completely open up NAT on my PS3.

Does anyone have a great guide that works?

Also would changing the MTU/ Disabling UPnP and unchecking anonymous internet requests effect my Download/Upload speeds or anything else, or does it just help fix gaming lag?

Input towards topic and questions i've mentioned will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks.

Greg 

hiptechboy

Re: how to open NAT for Linksys E1000 on PS3?

Do you have cable or dsl? Have you tried enabling UPnP? What games are you having issues with?

I don't work for Cisco. I'm just here to help.
gr3gski

hey hiptechboy

I have cable and I just changed the MTU/filter anonymous internet.../disabling UPnP

I did the above and it made my game really smooth and nice and fast but my nat still says type 2

i changed those settings pretty much to the ones Mort posted in a post I replied to today.

but my game feels alot smoother, why do you suggest turning on upnp? 

CBerry173

[ Edited ]

try port forwarding/ port  triggering (contact playstation network and ask for the ports for a  E1000 router) give them.. the linksys router model number and then type 192.168.1.1 (or cisco connect- click router settings then click  advanced settings) and then type  in admin and router password. and then from there .. disable filters (keep firewall enabled)  and then change the MTU - 1365 then disable the QoS- WMM   then retry the connnection  to the Playstation network (it also may be the router) the E1000 is for networking and access points... the E2000 is advanced  and then the E3000 is high performance   but first i would try to port forward/triggering the playstation3 to the router.. i've had good help with linksys tech support, i am sure they will help you with you're E1000, over all i would try to port forward to the playstation ip address   make sure to also click enabled when port forwarding/ triggering! on you're computer  type ipconfig /all and look at your DNS Servers and  go from there

gr3gski

Hey CBerry173, thanks for your reply.

I have done the MTU/Disabling filters already, May I ask what does disabling the QoS-WMM do?

it's weird, as I play multiple games and this lag is not the same on all of them but you can tell none the less it is thick.

Also I would like to know if getting the e4000 I believe that's what it's called which has the 5.4 ghz band would solve all these problems? 

CBerry173

[ Edited ]

disabling the WMM has something to do with the support you get from the servers  and from i was told that's not needed to be enbled it should be disabled, and by the way the linksys support team explained it's better disabled instead of enabled and it wouldn't hurt to get a actual gaming router .. i went with the E3000 and i ended up having to ship it back  for some defective that i didnt even cause, i would look into a actual gaming router that supports gaming like the e3000 or the e3200 , it should said for gaming consles or something like that but i will totally look into your problem personally and go from there! intil then i would try to get in contact with playstation gaming system and  figure out what ps3 ports are so you can go from there - there should be a way to test the nat type (there  3 nat type's on playstation 3 )  there's nat type 3, there is nat type 2 (which is open)  and there is nat type 1 and the one we want is the nat type 2 i believe, which means open nat type (meaning plug and play enabled and open ports  on the router )

CBerry173

[ Edited ]

Type 1 - Connected directly to the internet (no router/firewall). Should have no issues.

Type 2 - Connected through a router properly. Should have no issues.

Type 3 - Connected through a router without open ports or DMZ setup for PS3. Everything should function properly, but you may have connection, voice chat or other issues.

please go on playstation network and test your router connection  and see what nat type you get as soon as you can! - thank you! - CBerry

it should be in system settings, then network settings and then you should see your SSID (router name) then test the connection to the playstation network ( i'm not sure about the testing part )  but do that then message me with the nat type and i will go from there! 

hiptechboy

All you should have to do is enable UPnP. If that doesn't work then enter in your PS3's mac address into the dmz  box @ 192.168.1.1. 

I don't work for Cisco. I'm just here to help.