dayday305

how to setup my linksys router port forwarding to my ps3

he my name is day day

ok look...i have a linksys router model: wrt54g....and also a ps3 the only problem is that i need help trying to setup my linksys router to my playstation 3/ps3 so i can open nat type 2 or 1 so i can play my video games online FOR BETTER CONNECTION..

the ps3 PEOPLE says i should use

TCP:80,443,5223

UDP: 3478,3479,3658

PLAESE HELP GET MY PS3 TO SAY NAT 2 OR 1

USE DETAILS PICTURES AND ANY THING SO I CAN GET THE JOB DONE....PLEZ..PLEZ...PLEZ...PLEZ...PLEZ...PLEZ....THIS IS SO UP SETING

URRIAH

Re: how to setup my linksys router port forwarding to my ps3

Make sure you have the latest firmware update before doing this. Second Just to say, this is not the ideal router to use for online gaming, but it will work.

Make sure you have each pc including ps3 whith a dhcp reservation, that is if you have the option. That will be in the setup page.

This is how to setup your router for port forwarding...

Click on the gaming and application tab then single port forwarding. You will have 4 or 5 boxes that have standard applications in them.

first one set for dns then put your ps3 address and check enable

second one set for http and set your ps3 ip address

Now in the empty boxes below do the following...

application internal external protocol ipaddress

PS3 443 443 both

PS3 1 5223 5223 both

PS3 2 8080 8080 tcp

PS3 3 3658 3658 both

Make sure you enable each box next to ipaddress and then click save settings at bottom of page.

Log back into the router and go back to gaming and applications and click on the portrange forwarding tab and do the following....

application start end protocol ipaddress

PS3 3478 3480 both

PS3 1 3074 3075 both

Save settings and bottom of page. login back in to router and click gaming and applications again and click on qos tab.

on internet priority set the port number that you have the ps3 plugged into on the router. set high and save settings.

DO NOT SET YOUR PS3 IN DMZ AS OTHERS TRY TO SAY TO DO!!. This is not good for any computer, and the ps3 is considered a computer as it is web accessable with a browser.

Ensure that you router has wireless security setup so that nobody can use your bandwith and that your routrs passwrod is not the factory setup, make your own, you do this by going to the administration tab in the router and reset router password.

Depending on which games you play online, look in the back of the game manual at online play and see what ip protocols that game calls for and apply if needed.

Good luck. If you need more help with this feel free to message me and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Klatch

I think to work on PS3 ... you need NAT type 3 ... not 1 or 2 ... forward the ports ...TCP: 80, 443, 5223 UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658 ...on the router setup page ... on the setup page of router change the MTU size to 1365 ...click save settings ... See if it makes any difference ...
brandy

Don't forget to forward the ports  to IP address of the PS3.
Also configure network settings of ps3 to manual configuration for IP address and DNS servers. It worked for me!
URRIAH

The PS3 does not work on the NAT 3 and never will The router should autoumatically set NAT 2 as it should be. And the ports as I configured and showed are how they are to be set. Those ports are specific for the PSN Network not all games. some games require more ports.
Aso make sure UPNP is enabled.

picohat

Here is how you do port forwarding on WRT54G router..
oldbutwise

Hello

your info was invaluable but I wanna pick your brain.

I have been having on again/off again trouble logging into the PlayStationNetwork for about 6 months now. 

I have tried dlink, linksys, and netgear routers.  I just recently changed from high speed to 50gps broadband internet.

Our internet is blazing fast since I changed to the new service but I still have issues with the PSN.

I have tried port forwarding before but your info was the best I have seen and I appreciated it.

I am a computer tech by trade so this is really pissing me off.  

I have two older boys (well actually men now 20 and 21) who are on the internet regularly playing guildwars. 

It seems that if they are not playing I have more success loging into the PSN but I am not sure if this is coincidental because I have logged in with them playing as well.

I rarely have issues with the PS3 seeing an internet connection but just logging into PlayStationNetwork.

I know it sounds bazzar but I am wondering if the PSN login is affected by bandwith usage even though i am attaining download speeds of  48 GPS as  tested by speedtest.net.