Barbra92

Re: how to turn broadcast SSID on/off

I understand that unchecking this box would disable the network and therefore there would no longer be a non-SSID-broadcasting network--or any other network for that matter--but I would actually *like* to have a network on my router (!) and to resume the broadcast of the SSID. Are you saying that if I disable the network, then re-enable it, when it reappears it will automatically resume SSID broadcast?

My other question is: if I disable the network, how will I reconnect to the router to turn it back on? I guess that's easy--by ethernet cable?

Or maybe I can disable one of the frequency bands, then while connected to the second band I can reenable the first band, then do the same to the second band. Is this what you meant?

Sorry if I'm being dense here.

luce.evening.star

Are you saying that if I disable the network, then re-enable it, when it reappears it will automatically resume SSID broadcast?  Yes that is correct.

My other question is: if I disable the network, how will I reconnect to the router to turn it back on? I guess that's easy--by ethernet cable? Or maybe I can disable one of the frequency bands, then while connected to the second band I can reenable the first band, then do the same to the second band. Is this what you meant?

You can try it that way but it may complicate the process for you to reconnect properly. Do a reset on the router instead and make sure to have a wired connection to the router and then access the new setup page and setup the internet and the wireless settings.

Barbra92

Ok. Thanks for your suggestions. I reset the router and went through the setup all over again, and the SSID is being broadcast now.