heff59

ipod touch will not connect to my wireless WRT160N

I just installed a new WRT160N wireless router and I am unable to join my home network with my ipod touch - when I type in the password I get the "unable to join the net work" message - I am runnning DSL service, windows 7...please help.thanks
Matt Hall

Re: ipod touch will not connect to my wireless WRT160N

Try disabling any security you have on the router as a temporary measure - does it connect then? Try assiging it a static address in the router's settings, under DHCP reservation.

Reset the network setttings on the touch and try again.

Enable security on your router, are you sure you are entering the password exactly as it is set in the router? (A is not the same as a, neither is O the same as 0)

Mort

Which security type you are using on the router...?

Try to lower down the security to WEP and try again...If you are using WEP then,use Key1 as the security/network key to connect your wireless network..Make sure that Wireless Mac Filter is disabled on your router.

NotLinked

Hi,

I seem to be having the same problem. My laptop will connect to the router but my ipod will not.

I have tried every different security setting including disabling the security so that anyone can connect but my ipod still will not connect. The MAC filter is also disabled.

Please help!!!!! I've had so many problems already with this router.

J