JaredHarkins

limited access with a Linksys Wireless-B router

[ Edited ]
Well my cousin told me that his wireless internet has worked for quite awhile but that it simply stopped working about a week ago. When i went over to his house to fix it I found that the reception is good but he has limited connectivity. I did the sensible thing and reset the router and made sure that it was completely unsecured. I brought my Vaio running Vista over for good measure and found that both of us had limited connectivity. Then i attached my laptop to the router via cable and disconnected it and found that I now had good wireless internet access all the way in his room. of course moving his big computer to the router isn't reasonable, and I made sure that there was no security issues on his side either..... It's all quite strange to me. Also he's using a USB wireless receiver. Message Edited by JaredHarkins on 09-02-2007 04:10 PM

Message Edited by JaredHarkins on 09-02-2007 04:11 PM
sbatch

Re: limited access with a Linksys Wireless-B router

Make sure the router's wireless is in mixed mode.
JaredHarkins

Re: limited access with a Linksys Wireless-B router

Mixed as in covering all of b/g/n? or as in something else? I think I misunderstand what you're saying cause it's a wireless B router, it can't broadcast in g or n. or do you mean the receiver?