Boudoir
Accepted Solution

linksys EA3500 - Try to Access Internet with Wi-Fi. HELP!

Hello Everyone,

I'm Boudoir...

I bought a new router 4 days ago, I think.  And been trying to figured out how to connect to Internet...  Well, my Wi-Fi is connected perfectly but is not connected to Internet because it has no access to Internet.  I can't figured it out how.  I tried for hours per days. 

A friend of mine checked in my computer and couldn't figured out... Of course he lost a challenge.  *scoff*  Now I hope there is someone who's real smart out there that may win a challenge by fixing this issue!!!

My router is Linksys EA3500.  I am truly thinking about sending it back to store and get a full refund then buy another brand of router...  for my iPad to able to surf, to play, to e-mail and everything.

Could you help me, please? :smileyhappy:

Expert
asortatoritale

Re: linksys EA3500 - Try to Access Internet with Wi-Fi. HELP!

Welcome to Cisco Home Community,

Have you already tried bypassing physical connection from EA3500 and connect your PC straight to your modem? This is a way of ensuring your internet connection from your internet service provider works fine. If the internet works that way then here is the link below that would help your set up your router for the internet to work with either your DSL or CABLE ISP.

Setting Up a Router with Cable Internet Service

Setting up a Linksys router for DSL Internet connection

Boudoir

Thank you so much for the reply...

Lemme try... *hope*

jsrobison

When you installed the new router did you power cycle your cable modem?  That is required.

If it is a modem that also provides telephone service you have to disconnect the AC power and the battery or press the reset switch on the back of the modem.

Boudoir

I reset it and starrted all over again to make sure and  doesn't work.

There is no "Connect" on status.

And there is IP address (WAN) is 0.0.0.0  Is that normal?

Everything is connected but No internet access.

Boudoir

Power Cycle my cable (ADSL actually) modem?   Sorry, I don't understand what you mean?  Could you explain me a bit more clear?  Thanks

jaymay

Boudoir wrote:

Power Cycle my cable (ADSL actually) modem?   Sorry, I don't understand what you mean?  Could you explain me a bit more clear?  Thanks

Hi! Are you able to connect to the internet if you are directly connected to your ADSL modem? That is the first requirement that you should have in order for the EA3500 to be setup properly. Verify your internet connection first direcly to your modem. Kindly check as well what IP address your computer is getting while it is connected to your modem. That way you will know how to setup the EA3500. After you check those, you may follow the steps provided by asortatoritale on how to setup the router for DSL connection (http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=20ee1457387f40178cd5f41d4b585db4_3687.xml&pid=80&r...).

Boudoir

I followed step by step from that page like it is already set correctly in case if I made a mistake, the problem is Wi-Fi refused to connect to Internet.

To answer your question...

Without router.  I can able to connect the internet direct to my ADSL modem alone and now with router.. my Wi-Fi is connected beautifully but it don't have an access to internet.  I just noticed that my Network Internet IP wan is 0.0.0.0  Is that normal?

jaymay

Hi! Getting 0.0.0.0 for the IP is not normal. You should be able to get an IP address that's in range with the router.

How about if you are directly connected to the router, are you able to get online as well? The wired connection needs to be established on the router first before you try the wireless.

If you are directly connected to the modem, what is the IP address of your computer?

Boudoir

Alright.  My main internet... there is numbers of my ip (should I paste it?) sorry I'm quite dummy over internet thing.

and there is Default Gateway is 0.0.0.0

I am sorry, I'm confused.... :smileysad: