mac wrt150n

I have a wrt150n wireless router with a PC serving as the base station/primary computer whatever you want to call it.  We have no problem logging into the wireless router using our PC laptops, but I cannot log on wirelessly using my MAC OS10.  I have no interest in using the router wired.  When I try to use my wireless on the macbook I'm prompted to enter the password just as with any other wireless i've encountered, but when I enter the password and click OK I am prompted after 5 to 10 seconds that the wireless signal cannot connect to the router.
Expert
Expert

Re: mac wrt150n

What wireless security settings did you configure on the router?

Sidenote: In regard to routers there is no "base station" or "primary computer". The router is a networking device which has to be configured from a computer because it does not have a keyboard or display. The fact that you configure the router from any computer in your network does not make that computer any special.

I don't know what security setting were set up. I was not the one who set them up. How would I know what these are?
Expert
Expert

Thanks for the rating. Maybe you should ask the person who setup the router for the wireless security settings and the passphrase you need to connect to the router.

It could possibly be that the person who set up the security is out of the country.

If you don't like the low rating maybe you could just suggest a way that the security settings could be changed rather than berate my computer knowledge.  Do I realy need to know all the stuff you felt compelled to lay out for me?  I just want to know if I sould take this linksys router back to the store and get a brand that actually works.
Expert
Expert

I don't know how much you know about computers and router. If the thing I wrote was unclear to you could have just asked. Rating it very bad means you don't want my help because the question I have asked was an important one to find out about your problem.

I can tell you Linksys routers work fine with Macs even in networks without any PCs.

I suggest you start to read the manual for your router to find out how to configure it and how to make changes to it. You can download the manual from the Linksys website.

Then configure the router at http://192.168.1.1/ or whatever address the person has set. If you cannot access the router reset it to factory defaults pressing the reset button for 30 seconds. You have to set up the router from scratch then.

Otherwise decide whether you want people to help you or whether you want to piss them off because they don't immediately know your level of knowledge.

If the only purpose of your post is to rage about Linksys routers I would suggest you simply buy a Apple Airport. They are easier to configure for Macs.

Re: wrt150n MACs connection

Had BEFW11S4 which started losing wireless connections, so upgraded to WRT150N (v1.1). Initially this worked well except for occasional 'lost' ethernet & wireless connections. Have PC (WINXP); iMac (10.5); print server (2 connections); Maxtor HDD via ethernet and Macbook via wireless. Have had the router for 2 months. I close down the devices and have difficulties getting router to recognise them when they are turned back on. Sometimes the DHCP table will show devices connected when they are not. Have reset the router and started again (default settings & no wireless security) but problem still persists. I can connect through the router to access the web (ADSL) but cannot 'see' other devices on the LAN. Have tried turning everything off at night including the router but still erratic. Sometimes the router shows the device is connected but I cannot see them from PC or Macs. When it works it is great. Is there a way to get the router to reboot itself? All the lights work as indicated. 2ndly: To make changes to the router via the Mac & web interface doesn't work all the time. The 'confirmed' page is not returned and browser remains on the 'submit' page. Do not have this problem the PC (using the web interface). 3rd: Using the Easylink (PC) shows redundant devices -ie they had been connected at one time but are not now. How do I clear this table? Thanks.