Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
brye80
Accepted Solution

need access the E1000's web-based setup page.

I have a Linksys E1000 wireless router, and I seem to have either written down the password incorrectly or am using the wrong one. Regardless, I can not access the web-based setup for the router. Is there anyway to reset the username and password for it?

RogerSC

Re: need access the E1000's web-based setup page.

Yes, there is.  You'll have to reset the router back to defaults, which will reset the password back to the default password for your router.  Unfortunately , you'll also have to reconfigure the settings, since all settings go back to factory default.  Just hold press the recessed "reset" button for your router for about 30 seconds, then release it.  After the router has re-initialized itself, you'll be able to log in to the web GUI again with the default password.

brye80

Ok awesome, that worked. But I'm a huge newb when it comes to network configuration.  The router seems to have stopped allowing my desktop, which is directly plugged into the router, to access the internet. My connection is fine, I have a DSL modem and it was connected directly into the router. I now have the modem connected to the PC and the internet works. Is there something in the router setup I have to change to allow that? Thanks for your help.

brye80

Ok nevermind. I figured it out. I had to change to connection type to PPPoE. Thanks again!