kde_22
Accepted Solution

no wireless connection

I am able to connect to the internet w/ the modem plugged into the router. When I try to connect through a wireless connection, I am unable to do so. My network is not even appearing as an available network. I tried to "setup" a new network and it asked for an ID and a key. I have no idea what either of those things are. I have had this router for a little over a year. Please help. Thanks.

Mort

Re: no wireless connection

Whats the Model number of your Linksys Router?

On your Laptop when you search for your Wireless Network, are you getting any error message?

If you are not sure about your Wireless Security, then you can login to the router setup page. To find out your security key follow the steps below.

Open an Internet Explorer browser page on your wired computer(desktop).In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1 and press Enter...Leave Username blank & in Password use admin in lower case...

For Wireless Settings, please do the following : -
Click on the Wireless tab  and note down the Wireless SSID.

For Password you need to click on the "Wireless Security" tab and in this window you will find your security key. Note down your security key, and using that security key you can connect to your wireless network.

kde_22

thank you!!!

mbeth

My main notebook crashed so I cannot access the site for my security key which I have forgotten.  I just got an Acer Aspire one.

I have a wrt54g2 v1.3 router.  I followed your instructions exactly, using admin as the password and it would not work.  I got an error, 401 not authori\zed.

What can I do to get my security key so I can access my wireless connection?

Thank you!

vahnx

You can try a factory reset by holding down the button on the back of the router using a pencil. Hold it down for about 30 seconds until the lights blink on the front. The router should now be to factory settings and you must set a new SSID and password by following Mort's instructions. You must then re-enter the passwords on all computers and devices you set up with this router in the past.

Trin Lewis

I am having trouble connecting my wireless for my laptop. I was hoping to get your help thank you! And, I was wondering if I could call someone or talk with someone.

Thanks,

Trin

emaworks

I have a cable modem and the Linksys wrt54g Router.  Somehow I lost connection to the internet.  I reset the cable modem, and the router, didn't work.  I was asked to disconnect the linksys so that we could test the cable modem directly.  The cable company did some resetting procedures and got the cable modem working again.  However, that was the extent of the support they could provide as the Linksys is not supported by them.  I was able to get the router up and running for the LAN by reading some thing through this medium, but, I can't get the wireless to work.  What am I missing?  What can I do?  are there any reset proceedures I should follow ?