Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
edwardj

online connection

[ Edited ]

I have a WRH54G router and I am trying to connect an Android phone to wi-fi.  The phone finds the wireless network, but it can not get online.  I figure that I'm missing some setting, but this has me stumped!  I really would appreciate some help.  By the way, pm me so I can give my email since I don't get back here too often.

Thank you!

Ed

(Mod note: Removed non-public information. Thank you.)

Message Edited by Vince_02 on 01-25-2010 03:24 AM
brickmonkey

Re: online connection

If you are using the SSID as "linksys"(default) then,change it to some unique name...Also check the security key..Try to lower down the security to WEP...If you are using WEP then,use Key1 as the security/network key...Also try changing the wireless channel on the router and check..
edwardj

Is there any way that my settings can be checked online?

Ed

edwardj

I appreciate the attempt, but none of those helped.  I am in China and the router is hooked up to a Chinese router / modem that I have NO chance of understanding the settings.  Is there anything else that might let me connect to the router as a network, but not allow the router to connect to the internet?  Ntworking confuses me GREATLY!

Ed

brickmonkey

If your Internet Service Provider is Cable follow this link to configure the router.

If your Internet Service Provider is DSL follow this link to configure the router.